Permit Application will be accessible online or available at La Vernia City Hall
Inspection Company : Bureau Veritas
Permit Application Fees - click here
NOTE: The fee schedule presented is accurate and up to date. If you have questions concerning total amounts please call City Hall for an exact amount.
City of La Vernia is presently using the 2018 International Building Code and 2017 National Electric Code. If there are any questions, a copy of all city ordinances and a copy of the I.B.C are located in City Hall.
Residential - New Construction
Residential - Remodel or Addition
Residential - Accessory Structures
Commercial - New or Remodel
1. Initial/yearly renewal - $100.00 (Master plumbers and electricians are exempt from the fee but still required to provide the requested documentation).
Please note: State Legislation exempts the following trades from paying registration fees; however, EVERY trade will be required to complete and return the Contractors License Application, provide license(s) and insurance renewals:
1. Plumbing Contractors - (Senate Bill 1354, Effective 09-01-2009)
2. Fire Alarm/Sprinkler Contractors
3. Electrical Contractors
The basic concept to keep in mind during the construction process is getting an inspection BEFORE anything is covered.
These inspections are required to insure that the construction process is proceeding accordingly to the accepted plans and that all current code standards are being met.
Residential - Repairs to Electrical, Plumbing, or Mechanical (A/C, Heating), Sprinkler System
1. Have applicant fill out Residential Permit Application. Most important to include:
c. Type of Permit: Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical & Lawn Irrigation.
d. Description of Work: What are they going to be doing? (ex: Water heater, Service change, installing new HVAC)
e. Applicant’s signature
2. Collect city permit fee and fill out permit. BV inspection information is on permit.
3. Fax or email application to BV at (877) 837-8859 to be put into TMS.
Must include permit number on application before faxing.
4. File application in open permit file.
5. When the inspector does the inspection and brings the inspection slip in, put in file or attach to permit, permit is closed. File in permit closed files.
*** It is the CONTRACTORS responsibility to schedule all inspections at least 24 hours in advance to ensure an inspection for the following business day.
Certificate of Occupancy: This is new tenants that want to occupy an existing building. Follow same as for above using Certificate of Occupancy application. Someone with City needs to check to make sure that the kind of business they are wanting to open meets city zoning requirements.
City of La Vernia, Texas | PO Box 225 | 102 E. Chihuahua | La Vernia, TX 78121-0225 | (830) 779-4541
Copyright © City of La Vernia, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM